Almost two decades ago, Google introduced gmail, your electronic messaging service. Since then it has been estimated that more than 1.5 billion users use this option daily, a figure that makes Google’s tool the most popular in its genre. However, one of the main drawbacks is reduced cloud storagea condition that currently allows saving 15GB without any costs.
For this reason, after almost 20 years, it is common for many users to be close to reaching this limit or, in the worst case, get over it. Currently, the alternative is offered by Google pay a subscription in exchange for storage expansion, an option that may not convince some. For this reason, we are going to tell you what the best trick to expand Gmail’s storage without paying a dollar or need to move your data to another account.
How to get more space in Gmail for free
To perform this process, you need a second account alternative. However, it is important to emphasize that this is something routine as this new account will be essentially an extension of the first both for sent and received emails. So, the steps to follow to start the process are as follows:
- Create a new Google account to use in Gmail. You have to for this go to the following link and follow the relevant steps. To illustrate the process, this second account (in our instructions) is called [email protected].
- Go to your original account (in this process [email protected]) and go to Institution. Select at this point View all settings and write in the search engine at the top Forwarding and POP/IMAP mail.
- When you open this section, you go to forward and select Add a forwarding address. In our case we will put [email protected], in yours you will have to enter the new address you created.
- To elect As a sequel to and go to your new account ([email protected]). Check the inbox and interact with the email that arrived from Google. Click on the link and enter the code to confirm all content from your main account reaches the secondary.
By doing this, you’ve set up your new account to receive everything sent to the old one. This way you can use the 15 GB of free storage space without having to pay for more capacity. However, if you want too the emails you send from your new account will be seen as sent from the old oneyou need to perform another series of steps:
- Enter Institution in your new account ([email protected]) and select View all settings. From this point go to Accounts and Import.
- At the top you will see the section send as. In it you will find the option Add another email addressa ramp that opens a new window where you can enter the name they will receive as a recipient and the address you want to appear.
- Once you have completed the process, select Next step and click send verification. Then follow the relevant steps in each account as a result of the email you received to verify the process.
Once you complete these steps, the emails you send from your new account will appear as sent from the old one. So the recipients won’t notice the change and you can use your second account to store emails, photos, information and all kinds of files. So thanks to this trick you can take advantage of the 15 GB of free storage and you don’t have to pay to extend the benefits of this cloud service from Google.
If you want to keep up to date with other news like this and discuss it with other members of the community, join the 3DJuegos Discord server to keep up to date with all our news.