You have a PlayStation 5 and therefore certainly a PlayStation Network account. Did you know that you can share your account, and therefore your dematerialized toy library, with another PS5 console? A very simple and quick operation that we describe in this tutorial.
Sony makes it easy for us to share a PlayStation account. This could make it possible to merge two toy libraries, for example, or simply let a friend or family member play a game without having to buy it. The operation is very simple and almost transparent in everyday life.
How do you share your PlayStation account?
Please read the following lines carefully before starting this tutorial.
- The main point is that you must have complete trust in the person you are going to share your account with. Indeed, he has access to your content, your games and your PS+ benefits.
- You must both have the same PlayStation console, because it is impossible to share an account from a PS4 with a PS5, for example.
- Please note that this sharing is only possible on one PlayStation at a time.
How do you share your account on PS5?
Sharing is configured in two steps, first on your console and then on whoever you will be sharing your account with.
- First, sign in to your account on your PlayStation 5.
- Go to the screen of Institutions PS5 and select Users and accounts -> Other -> Share console and play offline.
- If it’s not there yet, select Do not switch off.
On the second console:
- Connect to the PSN by creating a new user, enter the email address and password of the account to be shared.
- Then go to the PS5 Settings screen and select Users and accounts -> Other -> Share console and play offline.
- Then select Do not switch off.
The operation is complete, you can now download the dematerialized games on the second console and enjoy the benefits of PS+. Please note that it is not possible to play the same title at the same time unless you are offline.