One of the major problems faced by users is the constant calls from unknown numbers. Generally these come from companies trying to tell us about the benefits of a new tariff or the virtues of a very popular product. However, not all users are willing to listen to these calls and so they choose not to pick up the phone. And both for them and for those who have not picked up for whatever reason, there are some perfect options to know who called without having to call back.
Therefore, we will discuss several of these options below. For example, it is becoming more and more common on Android devices pre-installed apps which allows you to identify the call and at the same time know if it is spam, an option that Apple does not currently have. However, free apps in both platforms’ digital stores allow their users to find out if a call is from spam without picking up the phone.
How to Identify Spam Calls on Android
Having a pre-installed application that focuses on this aspect makes it easier to identify a possible spam call on Android. To take advantage of this option, it is therefore necessary to go to the corresponding app and carry out the following procedure:
- Open the corresponding app on your Android phone.
- Click on the top three points of the menu to access it institutions.
- Here, go to Caller ID and Spam.
- When you get to this point, check the two available options: View caller ID and spam and at the same time, Filter spam calls.
By doing this, your mobile will filter automatically all possible spam calls. As a result, they will not jump when they occur, nor will they notify you when they are received, but they will appear in the call list so that you have proof that they have taken place. However, it is possible that you do not have this default application or do not know what it is, so we will discuss several options later that perform the same function.
How to identify spam calls on iPhone
Before introducing various applications that identify spam calls, we explain how to avoid this type of communication on Apple phones. To do this, you need to go to Settings from the main menu of the mobile and follow the following steps:
- go to institutions (the cogwheel app).
- go to Telephone and scroll down here to select stupid strangers.
- Activate the option to prevent calls from contacts you don’t have.
Although it is not a very effective option as it prevents all calls from those contacts that you do not have on your mobile, it is a good alternative if you do not want to download any application. However, as we’ve already pointed out, its main problem is that it doesn’t notify you of calls that aren’t from a contact you’ve saved on your phone.
Apps to identify spam calls
While there are several options, we wanted the three they recommend the companions of Xataka Móvil: Call Blocker, Hiya and TrueCaller. Below we’ll tell you the main benefits of each, but before we get into it, we’ll warn you: by demanding access to your calendar, these are apps that compromise your privacy. If you still want to keep going, here’s what you need to know about all three apps:
- Call blocker– Caller ID with spam filter, can be downloaded for free on both Android and iOS.
- Hello: identifies who the number you are calling is from and at the same time whether it is susceptible to spam. Like the previous option, it is also available to download for free, but it also poses a privacy risk because you are downloading the data from your calendar.
- TrueCaller: one of the most popular and famous. It has a very extensive database, but like Hiya, it is also a privacy concern. If you’re willing to take the risk, you can download it for free on Android and iOS.
If you want to keep up to date with other news like this and discuss it with other members of the community, join the 3DJuegos Discord server to keep up to date with all our news.