As of February 28, we have a new platform where spend dozens of hours a month enjoying countless movies and TV series, this time under the signature of Paramount and NBCUniversal. Of course we are talking about Sky Showtime, who ends up in Spain for a limited time with an irresistible offer. The video on demand service has many attractions, but what it is support for a large number of devices is not part of that.
SkyShowtime lands in Spain without an application on PlayStation and Xbox, and without official support for Fire TV Stick, Amazon’s spearhead to turn any television screen with HDMI output that gives access to Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Disney+ and Apple into a Smart TV TV among other apps. However, as usual with this device, the absence of official support is not synonymous with the fact that it is impossible to enjoy SkyShowtime from Fire TV Stick.
SkyShowtime on your Fire TV stick in a few steps
Thanks to the employee of 3DJuegos Felipe Baguenaand the colleagues at Xataka Smart Home, we have prepared a small guide to access SkyShowtime from your Fire TV Stick devices without any hassle and thus to see Halo. The process is similar to the one used to install HBO max, so if you have already installed The House of the Dragon and The Last of Us platform, you may not need our help this time. Let’s get started without further ado.
- Go to the Amazon App Store and start downloading downloader.
- Give Downloader developer permissions from “My Fire TV”. In the “About” option, we have to press seven times in a row where it says “Fire TV Stick”. If we did it correctly, the developer options section will appear in the “My Fire TV” menu itself.
- In the Downloader browser, go to APKMirror and download the skyshowtime archive. It only takes a few seconds to download.
- Run the file from the ‘Downloads’ folder in your file manager and follow the installation process without any further issues.
- Enter your user data and enjoy the platform.
Another option is to download the .apk file directly from your mobile and send it using Fire TV Stick the Send Files to TV appso there would be no need to go through Downloader’s downloading process.
The process is quite simple as you can see. The problem stems from the fact that the application does not update automatically, so it is recommended to reinstall SkyShowtime every few months for a better experience. Anyway, there is hope that official support for the app will be offered from the Fire TV Stick App Store in the coming weeks.
The SkyShowtime application bases its technology on PeacockNBCUniversal’s video-on-demand service in the United States that has been available for several months on the Amazon store and on consoles.